Disability Hearings Lawyers in Los Angeles Preparing You For Your SSDI or SSI Hearing
You’ve been waiting months, maybe even years, to have your disability hearing. You know the stakes are high. After all, this hearing will determine whether or not you will receive the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits that you need and deserve.
The last thing you want to do is go into your hearing unprepared. That’s why it’s so important to have an experienced disability lawyer on your side who can help you every step of the way – from gathering the necessary evidence to presenting your case in front of the judge.
At Roeschke Law, LLC, our Los Angeles disability hearings lawyers have years of experience handling SSDI and SSI cases. We know what it takes to help our clients obtain the benefits they need and deserve. Contact the experienced attorneys at Roeschke Law, LLC today to see how we can help you with your case at (310) 906-2556.
What Should I Expect at My Hearing?
Although each disability hearing is unique, there are some general things you can expect:
- You will be sworn in before testifying. This means that you must tell the truth about your symptoms and limitations.
- The ALJ may ask you questions about your medical condition, your work history, and your daily activities. Be prepared to answer these questions as honestly and as thoroughly as possible.
- Your witnesses may also be asked to testify. These could be friends, family members, or co-workers who can attest to your symptoms and how they have impacted your ability to work.
- The ALJ may also ask for testimony from a vocational expert (VE). The VE is someone who is familiar with the types of jobs that are available in the workforce. He or she will testify about the kinds of jobs you would be able to do given your limitations.
Hiring a disability hearings lawyer in Los Angeles like the ones at our law firm can strengthen your claim.
How Difficult Is It To Get Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Disability Benefits?
There are two separate programs that provide benefits based on disability, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). Both programs have a strict definition of “disability,” which is different from other government and private disability programs.
To qualify for SSI, a person must have limited income and resources. The program is designed for people who have never worked or who have only worked a very short time. To qualify for SSDI, a person must have worked long enough to earn enough “work credits.”
Because of the various requirements and the judicious process involved, many Los Angeles Social Security disability applications get denied. Disability claims are generally tough to get approved. However, that doesn’t mean you are out of hope. The disability appeals process can overturn the initial decision. Our California Social Security disability lawyers have years of experience helping clients get the benefits they deserve.
How Does a Disability Hearing Work?
If you’ve been denied SSDI or SSI benefits, you have the right to request a hearing in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ). This is your opportunity to present your case and argue why you should receive benefits.
The ALJ will review your file, including any new evidence that has been submitted since your initial claim was denied. He or she will also question you about your medical condition and how it affects your ability to work. The administrative law judge may also question witnesses who can attest to your symptoms and limitations.
After the hearing, the judge will issue a written decision. If you are approved for benefits, you will begin receiving payments within a few months. If your claim is denied, you can appeal the decision or file a new claim.
Why Should I Hire a Disability Hearing Attorney?
An experienced disability lawyer can help you in many ways. We can:
- Help you gather the necessary evidence to support your claim, including medical records and witness statements
- Prepare you for what to expect at your hearing
- Question witnesses at your hearing
- Help you file an appeal if your claim is denied
Don’t go into your disability hearing without an experienced lawyer on your side. Contact the Los Angeles disability hearing lawyers at Roeschke Law, LLC today to see how we can help you with your case. Our disability attorneys can make sure the Social Security Administration takes another look at your disability benefits claim. At your disability benefits hearing, you can present new medical information, including any new medical conditions, that can help you get approved. Let us help you with your application, appeal, and hearing moving forward. Contact the experienced attorneys at Roeschke Law, LLC today to see how we can help you with your case at (310) 906-2556.