Will I Get My Social Security Disability Denied If I Don’t Get Legal Help?
If you’re applying for social security disability, you’ll find it a daunting, stressful, complex legal process; the facts show that it must be done right the first time.
Statistics prove that over 50% of SSD claims have been denied in the past decades due to poor quality, lack of evidence to support your claim, or just incomplete applications or technicalities.
By using a California security disability attorney, you will increase your chances enormously of obtaining a successful disability claim.
While it’s true that you can draft the paperwork on your own and go through the process yourself, it’s statistically detrimental to your case to do so.
Once you begin the application process, you will understand the complexities of SSD claims. It will also be apparent that you have enormous work ahead of you.
Every SSD case differs, but myriad factors are involved in all successful disability benefits claims. It’s truly an overwhelming process for many, even though you and your family need these benefits to survive.
Then, after you go through all this work and miss even one vital component, your claim will be denied, and you’ll have to start the battle again. The SSA has a long and detailed process to apply for disability benefits, as illustrated on their social security website/disability.
However, by consulting and working with an experienced, knowledgeable San Diego social security disability lawyer, you can be assured that facts about your case are correct, drafted correctly the first time, and presented in a professional manner that helps significantly to ensure success.
Remember that your case must be built and presented so that there’s a high likelihood that it will show the Social Security Administration that a genuine need exists.
Some Examples of Reasons to Hire a Lawyer to Apply for Social Security Disability.
Many questions, forms, and challenges arise when applying for social security disability. Accordingly, there are myriad reasons to obtain professional legal help.
Some of these reasons are:
- Preparation of your initial SSD claim – Your professional SSD lawyer will compile and file your entire claim. They’ll ensure the application is done correctly and holds all the information necessary to maximize the funds you obtain and get them as soon as possible. Your law team never wants communication issues to arise, which can cause your case to be unnecessarily delayed or denied altogether.
- Handling and managing all the evidence about your case – Your SSD law team will ensure that Social Security has all the evidence to award your benefits. They will provide comprehensive and detailed information about your doctors, hospitalizations, treatments, etc., including all appropriate medical records.
- Pursuing your case diligently with Social Security – You, and your family, need these benefits, and your experienced San Diego SSD lawyer knows that without aggressive and diligent follow-up, the government and Social Security move slowly. Whatever is necessary and prudent to do will be done to get you your benefits as quickly as possible. Your lawyer has navigated this process numerous times and knows what legal paths to follow.
What Are Some Advantages of Having a Social Security Disability Lawyer On My Side?
One of the main advantages of working with an experienced social security disability lawyer is that your chances of getting the benefits you rightly deserve are significantly improved.
Every case, including yours, has unique circumstances, and your SSD lawyer will know and decide on the best and most successful way to manage your case.
Even if your condition “automatically” qualifies you as disabled, many things can arise. Such as how long your disability is expected to last, do you hold all the proper and current medical documentation and much more. All these factors, and many more, will significantly impact the outcome of your case and the amount of your benefits.
By having guidance and professional legal representation, you’ll also have help with the following:
- Preparing your initial application entirely and clearly to prove that your medical condition should be considered a disability.
- Providing the Social Security Administration with all pertinent information from all sources. If one vital document is missing, you’re back to 1st base.
- Professionally appealing your disability claim at any administrative level if needed, even in Federal court if it becomes necessary.
If you’ve spoken to any friends, relatives, or recipients of SSD, you know this is a stressful and arduous process. Get the help you and your family need, and don’t let a technicality prevent you from getting the benefits you need and deserve.
Are There Any Disadvantages to Using a Social Security Disability Lawyer?
Considering the statistics of success without using a social security disability lawyer, there is no downside, except that you are hiring a professional to get a critically important job done right.
However, depending on your lawyer, your fee is based on numerous things, one of which is that you do obtain benefits. However, depending on your specific situation, this is always money well spent. If you attempt the process on your own, statistics show that your chances of getting benefits are vastly decreased, and so is the amount you’re awarded.
You could do this on your own, receive a favorable decision and save some money, but many applications are denied. Most empathetic, professional, and successful social SSD lawyers will, at the least, analyze your case and give you a valid case evaluation.
I Need to Apply for Social Security Disability; How Should I Proceed?
If you’re newly disabled due to an accident or illness, your life has probably been negatively altered for years, possibly for the rest of your life. Social Security disability benefits can get you and your family back on financial ground.
You’re already probably overwhelmed with your current situation, and the last thing you need is to start fighting the government for SSD benefits.
The experienced, empathetic, and professional SSD lawyers at the Roeschke Law Firm have a solid and winning history of helping San Diego clients get the social security benefits they need and rightfully deserve.
Call them today at (800)-975-1866 and get the informed representation and personal attention to your case that you must have. Let them give you a free evaluation of your case and start moving positively into the future.